top of page
chirton school logo.png

Children who are 3 or 4 years old are entitled to 15 hours free funding (from the term after their third birthday), which is paid for by the Local Authority grant. For those who would like their children to have extra sessions, there will be a charge of £5.01 per hour.

For children who are 2 and not entitled to the 2 year old  funding there is a charge of £7.61 per hour.  These hourly rates come into force on the 1st September 2023. 

Our Payment Policy is reviewed once a year, and fees are inline with the funding we get from Wiltshire County Council. 

We are registered to take children entitled to 30 hour funding.  To see if you are able to claim the 30hr funding please click on the 30 hour funding button.  

Parents must re-confirm their 30hr eligibility every 3 months.


We invoice parents at the end of each month. You will notice that there is a small charge of £1.00 per session for consumables on your invoice, this is for the children's snacks, and equipment such as paints, chalks, bubbles, paper etc.  There are no additional charges for parents with a child who has SEN.

The children's snacks include a choice of fruit every day; with a cracker and or cheese.  Bread sticks, hummus, yoghurts or maybe rice pudding with a choice of milk or water.  On Forest School days the children are offered a biscuit, S'more or piece of fruit with hot chocolate, milk or water.  

Please do let a member of staff know of any allergies, food intolerances, preferences, dietary requirements that your child may have.


You maybe able to get Tax Free Childcare if you (and your partner, if you have one) are:

  • In work

  • On sick leave or annual leave

  • On shared parental, maternity, paternity or adoption leave.

Please click on the Tax Free Childcare button to find out more.

Childcare Choices

Government help with childcare costs for parents.

Whether you have toddlers or teen you could get support.

Click on the Childcare Choices button to find out more.

Your early years provider could be eligible for extra funding to help support your child....

Early Year Pupil Premium funding can be applied for if:

  • you get 15 hours free childcare

You must also get at least one of the following...

  • Income support

  • Income related Job Seeker Allowance

  • Child Tax Credit

  • Working Tax Credit

  • Universal Credit

Please click on the link to find out more.

Disablity Access Fund

You can apply to get disability access funding if your child is aged 3 or 4 and you're receiving both

  • 15 hours free childcare funding

  • Disability living allowance for children

bottom of page